The Regional Account Manager (RAM) partners with customers to ensure Osiris product coverage by insurers, providing patients access to needed medical therapies. RAMs are responsible for coverage and access within an assigned region. Duties include the implementation and execution of all corporate Market Access business objectives in the assigned region. Current openings are in The Mid-Atlantic, and Texas, east to MS only. This position reports to the Director, Regional Market Access.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Analytics/Business Case Development, Coverage and Pull Through
• Monitor and analyze account information for Osiris products relative to competitors and develop tactics to enhance sales.
o This includes the creation of coverage business cases, the negotiation of the actual contracts, and the creation of subsequent contract pull through opportunities.
• Use analytic tools, and relevant models to identify issues and opportunities associated with product performance (in assigned accounts) and create plans to address.
• Track performance of existing initiatives and make sound business decisions to maximize ROI.
• Be actively involved and collaborate with National and Government Access Directors, Strategy and operations and Market Access leadership on coverage decisions and ongoing payer performance.
Additional responsibilities will be discussed in during the interview process.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in business, management, healthcare administration or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience in healthcare sales, account management, managed markets or reimbursement.
• Demonstrated responsiveness and sense of urgency when pursuing goals and completing tasks.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives.
• Proven track record of working with providers and payers to provide reimbursement support and resolve reimbursement issues.
• Understanding of medical device, biologic, or pharmaceutical industry reimbursement environment.
• Ability to understand and explain complex disease state information, clinical outcomes data, and scientific product information.
• Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities as well as manage multiple projects.
• Ability to work with ambiguity and continuously adapt in a rapidly changing atmosphere.
• Understanding of hospital financial systems and management practices.
• Working knowledge of CMS' codes, rules, regulations, pronouncements, and applicable Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) polices (e.g. Local Coverage Determinations), Medicaid, and commercial policies.
• Ability to travel up to 65%.
• Experience working with new medical technologies in the medical device, biologic, or pharmaceutical arena.
• Experience calling on managed care organizations.
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Applicants are considered on the basis of individual merit without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.