- J.D. degree from an accredited law school.
- Ten years of experience with demonstrated progressively more responsible practical experience in as many of the following substantive areas of the law as possible: contracts, civil procedure, litigation, risk management, employment, bankruptcy, debtor/creditor rights, collections, intellectual property, technology, administrative procedure, alternative dispute resolution, negotiations, privacy and information security, truth-in-lending, consumer lending and finance; or the equivalent in skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Heavy experience in a publicly traded company with proficiency in SEC regulations and filings.
- Combination of strong management and leadership skills and solid technical expertise.
- Ability to be diplomatic but assertive in articulating points of view related to legal and compliance functions.
- Demonstrated independence and objectivity; executive-level interpersonal skills; management and leadership skills; political savvy; sound judgment personal strength; personal independence; integrity; flexibility.
- Excellent leadership skills, well-defined interpersonal skills and outstanding communications skills.
- Demonstrated, unwavering commitment to core values and high ethical business standards and integrity and demonstrates this through words and action.
- Excellent diplomatic and partnering skills.
- Proven ability to build significant internal and external relationships that lead to collaboration and influencing decisions.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills; articulate, able to deliver value-added assessments and sound advice in a cogent manner that earns credibility at the top management and Board level. Exceptional attention to detail and quality in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to monitor workflow, communicate goals, and provide opportunities for professional development to direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to take a broad view of the environment to identify opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business strategy as well as experience integrating research objectives into an overall business or corporate function strategy. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the life sciences practice of an AmLaw 100 law firm.
- In-house experience in the broader life sciences industry.
- Membership to the Maryland Bar
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Applicants are considered on the basis of individual merit without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.